UNESCO City of Design Shenzhen (China) has announced an open call for the Shenzhen Global Design Award, which aims to recognize and reward outstanding designers, and to strengthen opportunities between designers at home and abroad.
The award aims to discover designers with creativity, vision, foresight, and influence. It also aims to enhance the exchanges and cooperation among all designers from different countries and inspire the industrialization of creative designs as well as the promotion of creative design concept.
The Shenzhen Design Award is supported by the Organizing Committee of the Shenzhen Design Week, and organized by the Shenzhen City of Design Promotion Association (SDPA).
DESIGN FOR THE FUTURE
For the first edition in 2017, industrial and product designs in the following categories are accepted from:
Information & Communications Technology Products
– Computers and information technology, Computer accessories, Communication devices, Camera & camcorder, Audio & Visual Products, Smart devices, etc.
Leisure & Entertainment Products
– Entertainment technology devices, Gifts & crafts, Outdoor, Leisure & sports, Games & hobby product design, etc.
– Living room / bedroom, Kitchen / dinning, Bathrooms / spas, Electronic products, etc.
– Tableware and decoration, Lighting, Furniture / home textiles, etc.
Professional & Commercial Products
– Vehicles(land, water, aerospace), Medicine / health care, Special vehicles / construction, Agriculture, Electronic devices, etc.
Registration and Application
Entrants must register on the official website of the award and upload supporting documents before 1st March 2018 by following the steps below:
1.Create user name and password before logging in;
2.Read and agree to terms and conditions;
3.Complete personal/team information;
4.Complete designs description form (one entry one form);
5.Upload photo of individual or teams;
6.Pack and ship real objects and make sure they arrive at the secretariat before h 18 1st March 2018 (Beijing time). Please note: the deadline has been extended to 25th March 2018.
Grand Award – 200,000 USD
Gold Awards (2) – 100,000 USD
Silver Awards (4) – 50,000 USD
Bronze Awards (10) – 20,000 USD
Call for entries: 1 July – 1st March 2018 -> extended to 25th March 2018
Online registration deadline: 1st March 2018 -> extended to 25th March 2018
Objects submission deadline (Arrival date at the secretariat): 1st March 2018 -> extended to 25th March 2018
Final judging and Results Announcement: mid-March 2018
Award presentation ceremony: April 2018
For more info and how to apply, please visit – http://s-d-a.org/
This post is also available in: Italian