On the 17th of May, 2017 the Metropolitan City of Bologna and the Municipality of Budrio signed an agreement for the cultural, educational and productive valorisation of ocarina, considered as an instrument for the international promotion of the territory.
The only musical instrument created in the Emilia-Romagna region is very popular and appreciated in Korea, Japan and China.
Just because of the great diffusion and cultural value of the ocarina, the two Institutions felt the need to promote valorisation and renewal programs through the collaboration with the Gruppo Ocarinistico Budriese in order to:
– support the diffusion locally and in schools of the ocarina as an instrument that can easily start children to music, even with the publishing of dedicated textbooks, both in Italy and abroad;
– establish masterclasses in Bologna for musicians from all over the world, so that the city can become the capital of high-class ocarina training courses;
– contribute to developing educational projects abroad, in collaboration with institutions from each country (especially China, South Korea, Japan);
– support the ocarina players through publications, recordings, international promotion, support of live activites;
– create a collaboration with the Teatro Comunale to promote the concert activity of ocarina players;
– include the ocarina among other musical education projects of the G.B. Martini Conservatory;
– promote researches on the origins of the ocarina and promote its knowledge internationally with historical publications;
– plan how to collect, list, scan and network ocarina’s scores;
– start educational projects and entrepreneurial support to establish and develop craftsmanship of ocarina of Budrio;
– study the DOC (Denomination of Cultural Origin) brand to be used throughout the whole production chain of Budrio ocarina to empower and strengthen the image of the metropolitan city of Bologna and the Municipality of Budrio as capital and origin of ocarina in the world;
– illustrate and spread through social media and the internet the designed, organised and promoted initiatives.
This post is also available in: Italian