A notice is published for the reimbursement of expenses to the artists who have been selected to perform in international showcase festivals, which include live performances for a target-specific audience of music industry professionals.
For the year 2019, the showcase festivals selected by Italia Music Export as events of crucial interest are (tentative list):
1. Eurosonic Noorderslag – 16-19 January 2019 in Groningen, The Netherlands
2. MENT – 30 January – 1 February 2019 in Ljubljana, Slovenia
3. SXSW – 11-17 March 2019 in Austin, Texas
4. The Great Escape – 9-11 May 2019 in Brighton, UK
5. Primavera Pro – 29 May – 2 June 2019 in Barcelona, Spain
6. Reeperbahn Festival – 18-21 September 2019 in Hamburg, Germany
7. Waves Vienna – 26-28 September 2019 in Wien, Austria
8. Mama Festival – 18-20 October 2019 in Paris, France
9. M for Montreal – 15-18 November 2019 in Montreal, Canada
Beneficiaries of the contribution can be either individual artists or bands, excluding orchestras and marching bands. The beneficiary is required to be of Italian nationality; for bands, the Italian nationality shall be considered in one of the following cases: either one half plus one of the band members is Italian, or the frontman/frontwoman is Italian.
The beneficiaries of the contribution are required to have executed a repertoire of pieces registered by SIAE, the Italian copyright collecting agency.
The overall amount available for the contributions is € 45.000, while for each single beneficiary two fixed amounts were set, depending on the showcase festival and the city where they will perform: €250 is the reimbursement amount due for a showcase festival in Europe, and €500 is for extra European events.
To apply for the Showcase Support 2019 and ask for the contribution, the beneficiaries are required to fill the form and send it by email (including the annexes, required in PDF) within 5 days from the end of the showcase festival.
Participating in showcase festivals is part of Italia Music Export’s strategy, which supports the internationalization of Italian music by means of a direct money contribution to Italian artists, so as to draw the interest of potential business partners, such as booking agencies, managers, promoters and record labels.
This post is also available in: Italian